Yarra Valley CC Bowls Club — Code of Conduct – Yarra Valley CC Bowls Club
Yarra Valley Country Club Bowls Section – Code of Conduct
Being a member of the Yarra Valley Country Club Bowls Section (YVCC) entitles you to certain rights and responsibilities, as it does to other members, guests and visitors.
Members of, and visitors to, the YVCC Bowls Section are required, under the Code of Conduct, to behave at all times in a way which upholds the values and good reputation of the YVCC Bowls Section.
YVCC Bowls Members, Guest and Visitors have a right to:
- Be treated equitably and with respect
- Participate in an environment free from all forms of harassment and discrimination
- Have their privacy and confidentiality treated lawfully and with respect
- Submit their views to the President or a member of the Committee of Management in an appropriate manner.
YVCC Bowls Members, Guests and Visitors must:
- Not breach State and Commonwealth laws
- Comply with all rules, regulations and follow all safety requirements and practices of the YVCC
- Comply with any lawful and reasonable direction given by a person with the authority
- Behave honestly and with integrity
- Treat others with respect and courtesy and without discrimination
- Refrain from behavior that could offend or embarrass others
- Behave responsibly and not motivate or incite any person/s to do or feel unpleasant or violent
- Not physically or verbally harass others
o (Includes but not limited to: fighting, arguing, ridiculing, threatening, stalking)
- Not use offensive language or gestures towards others
- Not carry any offensive weapon/s
- Not use illicit drugs
- Maintain confidentiality about dealings that any person has with the YVCC Bowls Section
- Not provide false or misleading information in response to a request for information, made for official purposes in connection with the Club
- Use YVCC Bowls Section resources in a proper manner
o Not damage, steal or misuse property belonging to, or in the possession of the Club, members, guests or visitors
- At all times behave in a way that upholds the good reputation of the YVCC Bowls Section
Breaches to the YVCC Bowls Section Code of Conduct – Reporting and Resolution.
Breaches of the Code of Conduct are to be reported to a member of the Committee of Management and will be resolved calmly, with honesty, dignity and confidentially.
The YVCC Bowls Section Committee of Management reserves the right to make decisions and enforce fair and appropriate measures to resolve a Code of Conduct breach.
Where and when required the YVCC Bowls Section Committee of Management, will investigate, discuss and action the breach. The Committee may impose a reprimand, recommend a suspension, or revoke club membership to YVCC Management. In the case of a non-member; recommend to YVCC Management that they consider banning the person from the club for a set period of time or life. Any breach of State or Commonwealth law will be referred to the appropriate law enforcement agency.
Committee of Management
Yarra Valley Country Club Bowls Section Issued 1st May, 2017